Tuesday, April 11

Springtime

At long last, spring has sprung in Dundee. The crocus and daffodils are in full force, and though it still spits snow occasionally, the neds (Non-Educated DelinquentS) have shed their coats and are back to their usual tom-foolery. Actually, I just saw them duct taping some kid to a tree in the city centre... but I digress. Spring also means it's time for my project to get more seriously underway, and though it's coming along a bit slower than I had hoped, there is progress. I'll update you more on that after I give my presentation *gulp* at the end of the month.
I've learned a lot of interesting things in the last few weeks. For instance, Scottish milk evidently spoils faster than American milk. Much teasing ensued, but again, I digress. I learned that daylight savings time is not the same all over the world, so there was a week when we were 7 hours ahead instead of 6. I also played my first game of netball, which for those of you not familiar with it, think basketball without dribbling or a backboard. It was a little strange at first, but surprisingly good fun... and I could probably use the exercise to counteract the plethora of teacakes. Schools here also enjoy a 3 week Easter break rather than a one week spring break, which reminds me that I haven't posted pictures from the Lipscomb campaign that visited us recently. Thanks for spending your one week with us! Here's a few from their day off at Dunnottar castle.