Friday, November 25

... Lochnagar

I'm thankful for a family who, when I'm absent from a holiday, will call every 30 minutes until they get to talk to me. I'm thankful for being granted dear, sweet friends who I love and trust despite long distances between us. And now, I'm thankful that after 2 and 1/2 months of wrestling with numerous agencies and banks, money finally arrived in my account on Thanksgiving day! Coincidence? I think not.
In celebration of both, before church I cooked a glorious dinner feast -and by glorious I mean edible- for a few members of my surrogate family (the Dundee church, that is) including my roommate, her parents, and our friend Hayley. Except for an unfortunate Jello salad, I'd say it was pretty fair for my first solo attempt. Yesterday also brought our first snow of the season-- what a lovely day!
So my friends, wherever you are, and in whatever circumstances- be thankful! There are many special things that we forget to appreciate because of their frequency in our experiences, but this should not be so! In case you need some inspiration, this set of pictures comes from a gorgeous drive to, well, the middle of nowhere. Enjoy, and happy Thanksgiving!




Away, ye gay landscapes, ye gardens o' roses
In you let the minions of luxury rove
And restore me the rocks where the snowflake reposes
If still they are sacred to freedom and love.
Yet Caledonia, dear are thy mountains
Round their white summits tho' elements war
Tho' cataracts foam 'stead of smooth-flowing fountains,
I sigh for the valley o' dark Lochnagar!
- Lord Byron

5 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

We definitely have a ton to be thankful for. Especially those of us still living in the good ol' U.S. of A! It's so easy to get caught up in all the things that don't go our way that we forget all that is awesome in our lives. Beautiful pics Liz!

28/11/05 8:16 PM  
Blogger Ayatollah Mugsy said...

Hello,
I happened across your blog and have enjoyed looking at your photos. It is not always easy to get away from my canine ministry to travel, so I sometimes live vicariously through photos of faraway places. Peace be upon
you.
Mugsy
Supreme Ayatollah
Pug Life Ministries

2/12/05 2:14 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Why Mugsy, that's a very fancy turban you have there. Your owner must take very good care of you... in fact, I don't know how you even have time to surf the internet with all the work you do! And, I must say it's very impressive that you can type with paws. Well done.

2/12/05 4:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, myself, am hoping to visit another Corries' site when we come at Spring Break. I would like to visit Killiecrankie (doesn't that just sound toooo interesting?).
MOM

2/12/05 1:54 PM  
Blogger Ayatollah Mugsy said...

Thank you, Liz. I am rather proud of my turban. I have also been known to dress as Batpug.

9/12/05 11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home