Thursday, September 15

Out of the frying pan...

And into the refrigerator!
I arrived safely, spent a lovely -though glassy eyed- day with the Ferries, and then came to my new flat in Forfar yesterday morning. Today's task will probably be to construct my wardrobe, which I'm hoping is the Narnia sort.... though I would eat magnums instead of turkish delight. Anyway, besides the spectacularly boring orientation session I attended this afternoon, all is well and I've hit the ground running.

Luckily, the just-arrived-in-the-country syndrome (that is, the uncontrollable urge to parrot everything someone says in a scottish accent) seems to have passed after only one day this time. Hopefully all remnants of it will be gone by the time I meet with my professors tomorrow.

Today's words of wisdom-- In America, 100 years is a long time. In Britain, 100 miles is a long drive. Maybe there's not much application in that, but it's so true!

9 Comments:

Blogger babyblueeyed girl said...

LIZ!!!!!!! im soo glad your there safly
and im glad things are off to good start
i miss you
im sure you will do well and bless those there
i love you

15/9/05 1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liz!!!
I'm so glad you made it there without any incidents, no strange fumes coming out of airplane wings or anything! I can't wait to hear about all of your adventures; you're so awesome! And just so you know, you can always use a scottish accent when you're talking to me.
We love you, chica, and we are praying for you!
Celia

15/9/05 9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the internet more since it makes it sooooo easy to keep in touch with you while you're gone! I love you,
MOM

19/9/05 10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you made it to Scotland. When I heard you left on Wednesday afternoon, I was so disappointed because I could have gone to the airport from work to see you. I am so excited for you and very proud of your "bravery" to follow your dream and know it will all be a reality! You are indeed a most special girl. I love you and will pray for you often. NancyM

19/9/05 2:50 PM  
Blogger thegermanygirl said...

Hi Liz! Great to see you blogging...I'll be sure to check back for more! And if you don't mind, I'll add you to my links list--helps me remember which blogs I need to be reading. ;o)

I, too, have been searching many years for one of those special wardrobes. If I locate one in Germany, I'll let you know posthaste!

Hugs,
Courtney

19/9/05 3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you've arrived safely. Say hello to people I don't know for me.

Stephen Bell

20/9/05 3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad we got to spend an afternoon together before you left. And splitting our Red Robin hamburgers was a great idea! I'm glad to hear you made it okay and are on the run. Love the internet!!!! >^..^<

20/9/05 4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » »

6/3/07 4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Ford door actuator Lowest rates mortgage credit deals obligation search11 Propecia props http://www.breast-enlargement-pills-guide.info land rover http://www.florida-timeshare.info medical malpractice Laser hair removal in louisville ky Paxil addictive Fast cash 25 taxes

23/4/07 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home