Wednesday, February 1

Movin on up

Well I've done it! One of the more important realizations that I came to while at home over break (and there were quite a few) was that, for several reasons, I needed to live inside Dundee proper. And now, I can happily report that I'm moved and settled into a room that I'm renting from one of the church members. I'm now just a short distance from my school, the city centre, and Kevin's flat. Little tasks like going to the library or getting groceries no longer require a 45 minute bus ride. Also, the nights are getting shorter again *halleluah*, I can see my friends more often, and my new window overlooks a park with a swan filled pond. It's amazing how much easier life is!

Being in town also means that I can help out with the youth nights more often-- and just in time. Last week we held a Burns supper for the kids, which seemed to go over brilliantly. Kilts were donned, poetry was read, games were played, and haggis was eaten. Actually, the kids easily ate an entire 4 lb. haggis. --I know you're all interested, so just give a shout if you need the recipe. Much like hot dogs, haggis is really quite tasty if you don't give much thought to what's inside.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mgam said...

Do you have a scottish accent now? If so will you record yourself talking and email it me?

2/2/06 6:11 PM  
Blogger ann said...

I had haggis once. Not as bad as you'd think, I thought it tasted like Christmas with the spices that were used.
I enjoy reading your blogs, Liz! Glad to hear all is going well for you!

6/2/06 10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home