Wednesday, February 8

Hooray for duvets!

It's the simple pleasures in life that make it what it is, and I think you've guessed what mine happens to be this week.
I don't really mind doing housework, hey, there's immediate gratification in most forms of cleaning. However, I think everyone has a least favorite chore, and usually mine is making the bed. But there's something so great about nice smooth sheets... what's a girl to do?

My first duvet experience was in a hostel in Budapest, where we were each given 1 blanket, 1 sheet, and 1 GIANT pillowcase. We've got no clue, so picture Jen, Erin, and I trying to fit our mattresses into this thing. Luckily, we were soon righted.
My love affair with duvets has accompanied me though many a lovely time, from country farmhouses in Germany, to numerous shady hostels, to castles in Scotland. What more could you want- easy to clean, cozy to sleep on, and no wrinkly mess. Just a flip of the wrist and your bed is made!

So let's hear it for whoever invented this brilliant bit of bedding. Hip hip....

6 Comments:

Blogger babyblueeyed girl said...

you gotta love the duvets

i totally agree

love ya

11/2/06 12:04 PM  
Blogger Peter Rice said...

Funny you should mention duvets, Liz. My first encounter with a duvet was in Scotland near your neck of the woods. I admit I was a little skeptical at first (especially when I realized the name is almost undoubtedly of French origin), but after a night or two, I was sold. I've used them in Japan too, but I'm not enough of a duvet connoisseur to know whether they're the real thing or pitiful, flimsy imposters.

13/2/06 3:19 AM  
Blogger Josh said...

Can't say I know much about them. I think that Jen joined your love affair because we now have one on our bed. It seems pretty nice, though I thorougly enjoy the down comforter inside!

13/2/06 8:57 AM  
Blogger amy nickerson said...

Liz...I'm totally with you. I hate making my bed but this makes it so simple that I'm determined never to go back to the American way. I'm going to the Ikea in Dallas when I get back and buying real European duvets and sheets.

P.S. Allison and I got your postcard in the mail today! Thanks for sending one to us...that was so sweet!

15/2/06 1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Yorkie license plate frames

6/2/07 4:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Hair removal electrolysis hair removal hair Laser tattoo removal carrollton Cleaner miele part vacuum Bosch wall oven Conn's appliance e mini forex trading Vitamin yellow urine Data conferencing h 323 netmeeting program sharing Making money in real estate investing Symptoms getting off depakote online house insurances Wireless phone plans with checking account Cd+data+recover Before starting humidifier Kinkos fax Web conferencing mac video conferencing dublin Coach weekend tote

28/2/07 10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home