Wednesday, June 28

Choosing your battles

That is perhaps one of the most valuable lessons to be had in life. Whatever the case- anything from relationships to adapting to a new social system- some things are worth following up, and some you just have to let go.
I've discovered several informal rules (and even a few formal ones) that are quite ridiculous and haven't earned my adherence. However, when my visa says I need to exit the county periodically? Done. I'm certain I've ignored rules more important than that... but I LIKE that one.
All that to say, I recently got to visit some friends of mine living in Germany. My pal Dani and I flew over for about a week and packed in as much visiting, adventuring, and ice cream eating as possible. We saw Prague, the Chemnitz folk and the campaign group visiting them, a few small towns around Saxony, and the church in Dresden- including one of my old roommates who was our guide for the week (thanks again Amy). To summarize my thoughts on the visit- I'm again amazed by the strength of bonds between people working for the same purpose, even when very far apart!

On a side note-- Yes, Germany was totally overrun with football. And the US actually had a chance to make it to the second round! They didn't, but I was happy that they'd even came close. Scotland isn't in, so most people aren't super interested, except in wanting England to lose.

1 Comments:

Blogger amy nickerson said...

Here's your trusty tour guide! Haha, it was great fun spending time with you in and around Dresden. It allowed me to do things in the area that I love before I had to leave. So, now I'm back in the states, trying to adjust, and certain that I'm never going to eat great ice cream again! I'm also weeping over Germany's loss still. Anyway, can't wait to see you come October or so! Love ya!

14/7/06 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home