Tuesday, June 12

Best of Brits

The summer swelter seems to be evaporating the few lingering bits of culture whatever... which means I can now look at my pictures and whatnot without being overly sad. It's awesome! I loved Dundee so much, and now I can enjoy my memories without being bogged down by them.
So in celebration I present to you, my sparse readership, my favorite musical finds while in Scotland.








Gnarls Barkley - Pretty much awesome, and is one of those things that only gets better the more you listen.






Jamie Cullum - A promising young jazzie, and ambitious. You've gotta admit, anybody who'll cover Gershwin, Radiohead, and Hendrix on the same album has style.




KT Tunstall - Smokey-voiced Scot from St. Andrews, a mere 20 minute drive from where I lived. City and singer, both great.









The Kooks - just cool.




The Feeling - Like my pal Julie pointed out, there's gotta be something wrong when every song is about love, and she's probably right... but it's just so dern catchy you can't help but like it.


I'll also give an honourable mention to Muse, the Kaiser Chiefs, and McFly.... yeah, I know that's dorky, but seriously, they're not bad.

Ok ok, so while you might not find all these bands on the same mix tape, any well-rounded music collection is not complete without these little gems. And luckily, all can now be found in stores stateside. Enjoy!

4 Comments:

Blogger OK Chick said...

It was good to talk to you at the wedding.
Lindsy

30/7/07 3:30 PM  
Blogger thegermanygirl said...

I keep meaning to comment....I really enjoy KT Tunstall, too! Just discovered her this past spring, though. I'm a little "behind the times." ;o)

Anyway.....just so you know, there's a card in the mail to you!

Hugs,
C.

7/8/07 11:00 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Looks like it's time to update you're blog. Well, I have the perfect solution...check out my blog b/c you have and assignment. =O) My old pal Luke is to blame!

10/8/07 5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you added my commentary to The Feeling's CD. I do agree, it is a good album despite the obsession with love.

23/8/07 9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home